A few days ago we posted about Apple naming LocalScope as the top Navigation App currently available on the App Store, today we can report that LocalScope has been updated to v2 and is now available in the App Store.
This update brings several new features and enhancements to the app that will make it even more useful. LocalScope now integrates with Facebook places, Instagram, Flickr, Panoramio, Picasa and Youtube.
According to Cynapse the company has completely rewritten the App in order to ensure that it still runs fast and smooth, as they state on their blog “the technical challenge with v2 has been that while we increased the features in Localscope by more than 2 times of v1, we strived to make it faster, snappier and more intuitive than the first version.”
Here is a list of some of the changes in this version of LocalScope, the full list can be found here.
- Re-imagined and redesigned to provide geo tagged rich media along with local information
- 6 new sources: Facebook places, Instagram, Flickr, Panoramio, Picasa and Youtube
- Brand new gallery view for browsing geo tagged images and video.
- Enabled Discover mode for Bing and Wikimapia sources
- New source manager interface for Discover and Search – Enable, disable or re-order sources to your liking
- New home dashboard
- Results are now ordered by distance, nearest first
- Richer list view, now displays star ratings and counts for checkins, likes and other relevant info.
- Redesigned detail view – Now shows a lot of rich information from every source
- Quick next / previous navigation between result details
- Gesture driven image slideshow for viewing full screen pictures from the detail view
You can download LocalScope for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad for $1.99 or update it from the App Store for free