1. Martha Stewart Makes Cookies – “A mouthwatering assortment of Martha’s favorite cookies is now available at your fingertips! Learn from the best with this indispensable baking resource, which combines cutting-edge technology with beautiful design and a generous sprinkling of good, old-fashioned fun. With instructional videos, baking tips, shopping lists, sharing options, and an array of search features, cookie lovers everywhere will wonder how they made it through the holidays without the Martha Stewart Makes Cookies App”.
2. Real Simple Recipes: No Time To Cook? – “Looking for quick and easy dinner ideas? Introducing Real Simple’s No Time to Cook? for iPad and iPhone, with nearly 850 easy recipes for dinner that you can make—start to finish—in 40 minutes or less.
You’ll find recipes for everything from chicken to chili to pasta to pork chops. Looking for low-calorie, make-ahead, or no-cook recipes? The app has these, too.”
3. Bear Grylls – Bear Essentials – “The Bear Essentials is the ultimate, hands-on survival tool from the ultimate survivor. Intimately presented by the man himself, this info in this app is tested and proven in the wild and may well help save your life in an emergency. A complete blend of survival hands-on advice, interactive instruction manual, wilderness quiz, mini-game and adventure photo gallery, all rolled into one.
Bear’s taken all his survival training and know-how from the British Special Forces, Everest, the French Foreign Legion, Scouts and countless expeditions into the wild, and distilled them down into this one easy-to-use app. Find out Bear’s personal tips and ‘tricks of the trade’ as you enter his equipment room to share one-on-one his survival skills and experience.”
4. Seafood Watch – “Seafood Watch recommendations help you choose ocean-friendly seafood at your favorite restaurants and stores. Our app brings you the most current recommendations for seafood and sushi along with complete information about how each item is fished or farmed. Our new Project FishMap feature lets you contribute to the app, adding the names of restaurants and stores where you’ve found sustainable seafood and locating what other users have found at businesses near you.”
5. The Photo Cookbook – Baking – “Baking with this app is easy as pie! The Photo Cookbook – Baking clarifies the preparation of 60 recipes for cakes and pies, sweet and savoury pastries, cookies and breads. Beautiful photography, which is displayed in high resolution especially on your iPad, illustrates every step.
The app captures the successful concept of “The Photo Cookbook – Quick & Easy”:
Every recipe begins with a picture illustrating all the ingredients used in the following recipe. This way, you can control, at one glance, whether all the necessary foods are available for each preparation.
The short preparation instructions are clearly formulated and easy to understand. This, along with the images, helps beginners and experts alike think about the small details. Every recipe is rounded out with an opulent picture of the finished product.
The app is divided into four chapters: “Cakes & Traybakes”, “Pastries”, “Small Cakes & Cookies” and “Breads”. Every chapter contains a hand-picked selection of 15 refined recipes – including traditional family favourites and modern interpretations, recipes for the special occasion and also for the daily coffee break. All preparations are uncomplicated and useful for the complete beginner, thanks to the step-by-step instructions.”