This episode of Mobile Orchard’s iPhone Development podcast features an interview with Dr Nic Williams (Twitter) from Mocra, an iPhone/Rails consultancy. Dr. Nic talks about his migration manager for updating SQLite iPhone databases, trying to get Ruby onto an iPhone, using Ruby to unit-test Objective-C iPhone code, his company Mocra, and the Mobile Orchard Podcast’s lavish recording studios.
You can listen using the Flash widget above, download the MP3 on its own, or subscribe to our podcast using the instructions at the bottom of this post. For easy scanning of the interview, the following indexes shows what was covered and when:
- First minute: Migrations discussion
- 5:18: Getting Ruby onto an iPhone
- 5:59: Nu – Lisp-based language that sits atop Obj-C and would work on the iPhone
- 7:37: Unit testing Obj-C from Ruby
- 8:12: Webkit UIs
- 12:31: Mocra / “Used my blog for evil”
Did you miss the inaugural episode of the Mobile Orchard iPhone Developer Podcast? We interviewed Hampton Catlin, Rubyist-turned-iPhone mogul and creator of iPedia, a 99-cent Wikipedia companion / browser. It has sold over 50,000 copies at $1 a time, appeared in Time Magazine, and has been a “featured app” in the App Store.
There are two great ways to subscribe to the Mobile Orchard iPhone Developer Podcast.
- Use the feed in the feed app of your choice: http://podcast.mobileorchard.com/feed/podcast/
- Subscribe using iTunes by clicking here. It’ll appear as a podcast within your iTunes.
We hope you enjoy the podcast, and if you have any suggestions on who we should interview or want to be interviewed yourself, use our Contact page or leave a comment against this post.
Thanks for listening!