This inaugural episode of the Mobile Orchard Podcast features an interview with Rubyist-turned-iPhone mogul and iWik creator, Hampton Catlin. iWik, now renamed iPedia, is a 99-cent Wikipedia companion / browser. It has sold over 50,000 copies at $1 a pop, appeared in Time Magazine, and has been a “featured app” in the App Store. As of early October, it was continuing to sell at about 1,000 copies per day.
In 30 minutes, Hampton talks to Mobile Orchard’s Dan Grigsby about:
- creating the first version of the app in just three days
- trademark issues and the name change
- marketing in the App Store
- Apple taking more than a month to approve the latest version
- competing against a free application
- his upcoming dictionary application Dictionaire.
May we also use this opportunity to say.. please subscribe to the Mobile Orchard podcast! You can do this with the following feed URL: http://podcast.mobileorchard.com/feed/podcast/ or click here to subscribe in iTunes.